Borrow from another library
To request a material from another library, the patron must adhere to the following guidelines:
- PATRON MUST BE AN ALTOONA RESIDENT OR A RURAL POLK COUNTY RESIDENT
- Patron must have a library account in good standing at the time of request.
- Other libraries may restrict the format - some libraries will only loan books.
- NO new books can be loaned. Books need to be at least 6 months old.
- Only 3 items can be loaned at a time.
Interlibrary loan is one of the free services that our library provides, however, there are expenses for all libraries involved. Therefore, any interlibrary loan book that is not picked up will have a fine of $3.00 placed on the patron's card. All overdue items will accrue fines per library policy. No renewals can be made unless established with the ILL librarian prior to the due date. Not all lending libraries will give renewal extensions.
You can also request books through MOBIUS right at our catalog! Use the "Search MOBIUS" link on the left menu, click the link, and the catalog at MOBIUS will automatically search your terms. Place a hold using the "request" button. For more information, the video below will walk you through the steps.