A Lasting Legacy: The Altoona Public Library Foundation
Solutions Today for a Better Tomorrow
If you would like to make a donation or have any questions, please contact:
Foundation Board of Directors
Altoona Public Library Foundation
700 Eighth Street SW
Altoona, Iowa 50009
How Donors May Use The Altoona Public Library Foundation
Donors may leave money to the Foundation for the benefit of the Altoona Public Library in two ways:
For Unrestricted Purposes:
- Unrestricted funds are very useful since they make it possible for the Foundation Board of Directors to take note of changing conditions and needs and to assist with emergencies.
For Special Needs or Projects:
- Bequests or gifts may be designated for special projects:
Summer Reading Program
Projects or Programs
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will the donor receive recognition when making a gift to the Foundation?
The donor has the option of designating the manner in which the gift is to be received by the Foundation. The gift or bequest may be received in anonymity, in the name of the donor, or in the name of whomever the donor designates.
Q: What types of gifts or bequests may be made to the Foundation?
Anything of intrinsic value may be gifted. Real estate – including farms, stocks, bonds, mortgages, debentures, annuities, life insurance policies, and cash, are the most common forms. Gifts of any size can be made.
Q: What interests in property may be conveyed to the Foundation?
- The interest may be complete, as the fee to real estate or the full ownership of securities.
- This may be a remainder interest subject to tax law limitations.
- The interest may be contingent upon the happening of some event, as the death of donor or a beneficiary.
- The Foundation may be named as beneficiary under a life insurance policy, outright, in remainder, or upon a contingency as above.
Q: Who can help arrange for a gift?
If you have a professional with whom you're working, like a financial planner, lawyer, accountant or insurance agent, please talk with him or her about leaving a gift for the benefit of the Altoona Public Library. A professional can tell you about the tax benefits of planned gifts. You may also contact the Board of Trustees of the Altoona Public Library Foundation.