Borrow from another library
Our library is connected to other libraries throughout the state. If you can't find an item in this library, ask the library staff to help you get it from another library.
To request a material from another library, the patron must adhere to the following guidelines:
- PATRON MUST BE AN ALTOONA RESIDENT OR A RURAL POLK COUNTY RESIDENT
- Patron must have a library card at the time of request.
- Only books can be interlibrary loaned (NO Audiobooks or Movies).
- NO new books can be loaned. Books need to be at least a year old.
- Only 3 books can be loaned at a time.
Interlibrary loan is one of the free services that our library provides, however, there are expenses for all libraries involved. Therefore, any interlibrary loan book that is not picked up will have a fine of $3.00 placed on the patron's card. All overdue items will accrue a $1.00 a day fine, per item (up to $5.00 an item). No renewals can be made unless established with the ILL librarian prior to the due date. Not all lending libraries will give renewal extensions.